Four inches of snow and a couple-dozen-degrees difference in temperature really ratchets up the holiday spirit, even if it brings down any motivation to leave my apartment.
Although, I do need groceries.
Here are a few highlights from recent days, in case you too are snowed in, under, or out.
• A wonderful nugget and photo gallery detailing the crooked border between Queens and Brooklyn.
• The economy produces warehouses full of data, but maybe we should start ignoring the unemployment figures.
• Skipping Christmas is worthwhile holiday read: enough to fill you up with fireplace warmth, and thin enough to leave room for plenty of baking. But a War on Christmas?
• For those who haven’t been paying attention, a quick recap of why newspapers are facing rough roads and tough decisions.
• Top-10 lists are a cheap way to fill late-December space for news organizations. But a Year in Review Top 10? Thanks, Romenesko.
• An article from SI that reminds me why I love participating in and watching sports. Life, distilled.